I need your help. Please post the following message on your web pages, social media tools, and send the information to those on your email list.
Mike Paskewicz, Superintendent
REMIND TEN NORTHVIEW PEOPLE TO VOTE TOMORROW – TUESDAY, MAY 6, 2014
Vote on May 6, 2014 – Building and Site Millage Renewal
No Tax Rate Increase
Renewal for 10 Years – No Tax Rate Increase
· Brings $667,000 per year in revenue with no tax rate increase.
· Millage rate is 1.2056 mills.
· Northview families with a home at a taxable value of $100,000 currently pay $120.56 per year or $2.32 per week.
· Renewal of the millage rate provides funds for the timely repair of our buildings and sites.
· As with our homes, timely repairs are more cost effective than paying for extensive repairs.
· We must address the health/life safety repair needs in the buildings in order to have safe learning environments for students. If the Building and Site Millage revenue is not available, funds currently aligned to support classroom instruction and co-curricular programs, must be used to make necessary repairs. As you are aware our “net-operational revenue” has been reduced by the State over the past three years.